Friday, February 25, 2005

DON'T DRINK THE WATER!!!!!!

This is an emergency rant not to be confused with the weekly rant.

Many of you who read my rant may have received this letter. Those of you outside of San Diego now have a reason not to want to move here. On February 23rd I received a letter from the City of San Diego, unfortunately I didn't read it until today. Here is the first paragraph:

“February 9th 2005.

To Our Water Customers,

The City of San Diego Water Department must inform you that on January 4, 2005, the California Department of Health Services (CDHS) issued a citation to the Water Department for a violation of the Federal and State Safe Drinking Water Acts. While the Water Department admits it made mistakes in the sampling and reporting of water samples regarding this citation, it is important to know that the drinking water in San Diego continues to be perfectly safe.”


If the water is perfectly safe, and without them telling us we would never know they were issued a citation, why are they sending me this letter?

Here's why:

“On November 8, 2004 a routine water sample collected on Desert View Drive in La Jolla tested positive for total coliform bacteria. The Federal and State laws allow for a very low level of positive total coliform occurrences. A single positive sample is not a MCL violation, nor is it an indication of problems in the water system. However, whenever total coliforms are detected, the law requires repeat samples to be taken at nearby locations.”

Um…….There was poop in our water…….

In La Jolla…..

Poop…..

In the La Jolla water……

I find a bizarre kind of satisfaction in that.

Poopy La Jolla water…….

And they think their poop doesn’t stink!!!

The letter goes on:

"On November 12, 2004, a repeat sample on Desert View Drive was found to contain E. coli, a form of coliform bacteria. This sampling triggered the primary MCL violation."

Um…..

There’s more poop in the water.

In LA JOLLA!!!!!!!!

Someone is pooping in the La Jolla water?

I wonder if someone from La Jolla is pooping in the water?

I want to meet the guy at the water department that had to write this letter. I really do because it gets better. Read on.

“Our water supply recently violated a drinking water standard. E. coli bacteria were found in the water supply on November 12, 2004. These bacteria can make you sick, and are a particular concern for people with weakened immune systems. Although this incident occurred over two months ago, as our customer, you have a right to know what happened and what we did to correct the situation.”

TWO MONTHS AGO????????

People drank poopy water TWO MONTHS AGO????

I DON’T WANT TO KNOW I EVER DRANK POOPY WATER!!!!!!
WHY ARE THEY TELLING US THIS????

Rich people may be pooping in our water and they tell us two months later????

But the letter gets better……

“What Does This Mean?
This is NOT an emergency. You do not need to boil your water or take other corrective actions. If this had been an emergency you would have been notified immediately.”


What does this mean?

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???!!!!!

IT MEANS THAT THERE’S POOP IN THE WATER NUMB NUTS!!!!!

I think this was an emergency!!! Anytime there is poop in my water… that’s an emergency!!!!! I think as tax paying citizens we should be able to vote on the level of poopy water that constitutes an emergency.

I VOTE THAT ANY POOP IN THE WATER IS AN EMERGENCY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read on…..

“What Should You DO?
This is NOT an emergency. You do not need to boil your water or take other corrective actions. Fecal coliforms and E. coli are bacteria whose presence indicated that the water may be contaminated with human or animal wastes. Microbes in these wastes can cause diarrhea, cramps, nausea, headaches, or other symptoms. If you had specific health concerns during this period, consult your doctor.”

OH MY GOD HOW STUPID CAN THEY BE?????

THIS HAPPENED TWO MONTHS AGO!!!!!

What am I going to do? Call up my doctor and say, “Hey doc, two months ago I had the runs. It was either “Adelberto’s” Fish Tacos, way too much tequila or the CITY OF SAN DIEGO WATER!!!! I just thought you’d like to know. ”

The letter concludes with the following: (I swear I’m not making this up)

“Please share this information with all other people who drink this water, especially those who may not have received this notice directly (for example, people in apartments, nursing homes, schools, and businesses). You can do this by posting this notice in a public place or distributing copies by hand or mail.”


Where is Paul Revere when we need him? “The water is poopy, the water is poopy!!!”

I think I’ll stand outside of the Vons in La Jolla and just pass these out. “Just wanted you to know there’s poop in your water. That’s right poopy La Jolla water. Have a nice day.”

Maybe we could have the Jehovah Witnesses pass these out. “Have you received HIS message? There’s poop in the water.”

We have the Emergency Broadcast System let's use it. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. This is an actual emergency. There's poop in the water.

Why does our city government lie to us about everything else and feel there is a need to point out that we have poop in the water???

Is this some elaborate plan to get our minds off a new stadium for the Chargers?

Maybe get us to forget about the pension fund?

I think poop in the water should pretty much take priority over EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

I have to go now. I’m going to COSTCO to stock up bottles of Aquafina.

18 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Tom Justin said...

Tony, move to Las Vegas. No poopy water, just crappily dressed tourists.

Keep em laughing,

Tom

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're not funny

 
At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

toms' got a mouth full

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

move to las vegas and stay there...do us all a favor

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger allfreei said...

I saw something similar about folding shopping cart

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Ivy said...

Chance upon your blog and enjoy it.

Take it look at my water filter site.
It is a water filter site.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

Pure and Safe Drinking Water Quality at water filter - OkDiamond.com

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Ivy said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a water dispenser site/blog.
It pretty much covers water dispenser related stuff.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

Better Water For Better Health at water dispenser - OkDiamond.com

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Hello, this is an exciting blog here!

You may like to checkout distilled water site/blog.
It is on distilled water stuff.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

Pure and Safe Drinking Water Quality at distilled water - OkDiamond.com

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Hoodia said...

Hi: Interesting blog. I’ll save it in my favorites. I too have a blog about San Diego downtown condos <. Through this site you can view every San Diego mls listing offered for sale. Another new site is about San Diego vacation attractions< Our third site is, guess what? Yes, also about San Diego. This site is an information site devoted to San Diego cosmetic surgery doctors<. Needless to say, please stop by and visit our sites. Thanks Bob

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Ivy said...

Cool!!! What inspire you to create such a wonderful blog!!!

Blogs are great for information sharing.

I have a water filtration system site/blog.
It is on water filtration system stuff.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

Pure and Safe Drinking Water Quality at water filtration system - OkDiamond.com

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Ivy said...

Cool!!! What inspire you to create such a wonderful blog!!!

Blogs are great for information sharing.

I have a distilled water site/blog.
It is on distilled water stuff.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

Better Water For Better Health at distilled water - OkDiamond.com

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Ivy said...

Cool!!! What inspire you to create such a wonderful blog!!!

Blogs are great for information sharing.

I have a water distiller site/blog.
It is on water distiller stuff.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

Pure and Safe Drinking Water Quality at water distiller - OkDiamond.com

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Jane said...

Chance upon your blog and enjoy it.

Take it look at my water dispenser site.
It is a water dispenser site.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

Better Water For Better Health at water dispenser - OkDiamond.com

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger TheWeightFallsOff said...

What a great site you have here, I bookmarked it! I was looking for DON'T DRINK THE WATER!!!!!! or something like it. Very informative.

I have a drinking water related site.

Check it out when you can. ;)

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Excellent blog. It was so great and I bet I will
go back to it! I get to look online for blogs like
yours is a blessing.
Come as you are and look at my plastic surgery fort worth blog.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Inspiring blog. I love finding blogs this good on
the internet, when I have the time. I'm going to go
back to it!
Please go over my picture of plastic surgery gone wrong blog.

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Energizing blog. It blew me away and I loved your
site. when I have the time to surf the net, i try
finding blogs as good as your site.
Please go over my plastic surgery san francisco blog.

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger aychacha said...

OMG, that's disgusting! I always thought my dad was kinda on the paranoid side and he brought home one of these filtered water coolers and my sister and I just didn't get it. We're from the Los Angeles area, south bay...not all that far from freakin La Jolla but anyway, yeah. Poop in the water is just not cool. Seriously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home